Hardwood Classic Today: 1977 NBA Finals Game 5 -- Portland Trail Blazers vs. Philadelphia 76ers
Time/TV: 7 p.m./ESPN Classic
1) Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel wonders if Dwight Howard is miffed by the dearth of national television appearances for the Magic in 2011-12. Howard already mentioned he is not too happy with the media overlooking Orlando... again. Zach McCann of the Orlando Sentinel wonders if the Magic have really fallen that far.
2) Ray McNulty of the Treasure Coast Palm writes that he, nor anyone, should be surprised if Dwight Howard leaves Orlando. He suggests it might be time for Magic fans to think about life without Dwight.
4) Many writers, including Kelly Dwyer of Ball Don't Lie and Kurt Helin of Pro-Basketball Talk, are getting kind of tired of Howard complaining about the media's alleged lack of respect for him and the Magic.
5) OrlandoMagic.com excerpts Pat Williams' Making Magic and the moment when Williams discovered Orlando was the place for the NBA to expand.
6) Julius Erving was one of the few players who walked away from the game with plenty of gas left in the tank, Steve Aschburner of NBA.com writes.