1) Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel writes the NBA's lockout really does not begin until players start missing paychecks on November 15 or so.
2) Matt Moore of Pro Basketball Talk wonders if the players can form their own league during a lockout.
3) The writers at Eye-On Basketball notes other things the NBA needs to fix after the lockout ends.
4) Cleveland's Antawn Jamison said the players are much more prepared for this year's lockout than they were in 1998. That might mean we are in for a longer battle.
5) Kobe Bryant may be leading a barnstorming player tour of China if the league does indeed lockout.