1) Ex-NHL veteran Dave Andreychuck has a pretty stern warning for the NBA players who think they can outlast the owners in this labor impasse, as he tells Mike Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinel.
2) Dre of Wages of Wins concludes that Horace Grant was the MVP of that revenge-minded series win over Chicago in 1995.
3) Even with the prospects getting dimmer and dimmer, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel reports that city and team officials are still planning for the 2012 All Star Game. Even if the All-Star Game happens on schedule, mayor Buddy Dyer tells Mike Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinel that he believes Orlando should also get the one in 2014 for its troubles considering the effects of the lockout.
4) The now lengthy lockout has forever tarnished the legacies of all the people involved in these negotiations, J.A. Adande of ESPN writes. Meanwhile, Steve Bulpett of the Boston Herald writes David Stern still has a chance to save his legacy.
6) Henry Abbott of TrueHoop is still hopeful things will end in negotiations ... in one form or another. He also details the deal the league and the players should have accepted, dispelling many of the falsities in the owner's logic.
7) Former NBPA vice president Greg Anthony says the players are more prepared for a lockout this time around than they were in 1998.
8) Today is the anniversary of the Magic firing Doc Rivers as the Orlando Sentinel's trip to the Magic vault reveals.
9) Jeff Clark of Celtics Blog cites some evidence that proves Bill Russell was a pretty good offensive player too.
10) Interested in prop bets? BigMck of Red's Army informs us that Bodog has set the odds for the cancellation of the entire season. Cancellation is favored. You can also bet over/under 50.5 percent on the final BRI. Happy gambling! Another oddsmaker is a little more optimistic.
11) In case you missed it, be sure to check out my interview with Magic fan from London, Andy Burrows, for his perspective on the Magic and the lockout.
12) Former Magic guard Cuttino Mobley is suing the New York Knicks for sending him to a doctor they knew would not allow him to play with his cardiomyopathy.
13) Stan Van Gundy rants about Penn State with Mike Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinel.