1) Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel writes the Magic need to play hard ball with Dwight Howard and ask him what his true intentions are sooner rather than later.
2) Dwight Howard tells his twitter followers to circle November 11-13 for his Magic weekend and exhibition game. It should be set for UCF Arena that weekend. More details coming soon.
3) John Karalis of Crossover Chronicles explains the amnesty clause and the stretch exception proposed in negotiations. Who knows if it is on the table stil. But these ideas will play a key role in the Magic's post-lockout plans.
4) Silence reigns right now after a week of negotiations and eventual argument between the players and owners. A source though tells Howard Beck of The New York Times that the two parties will slowly begin talking again this week.
5) It is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and Francine King of The Florida Times-Union details how a mother's battle with breast cancer displayed the true meaning of family and support from Otis Smith and his brothers and sisters.
6) There are a lot of dangerous perceptions that could really muddle these negotiations. There are plenty of racial undertones, whether we want to admit them or not. But things will really degenerate if negotiations reach the point of name-calling. Matt Moore of Pro Basketball Talk says we are already there.
7) Always the critic, Stan Van Gundy even finds fault in his own yard-work skills.