Follow us on Twitter @OMagicDaily!
(34-23) vs. (13-44)
Time/TV: 7 p.m./FSFlorida
Line: Magic by 5.5
Tickets: $9-$440 on TiqIQ
Season Series: Won 103-85 in Orlando on Jan. 4; Won 109-103 in Orlando on Feb. 1; Won 102-95 in Washington on Feb. 29; Tonight in Washington, D.C.
1) The Pistons hit a new low, David Mayo of MLive.com writes, in a 30-point loss to the Magic on Monday. The Magic continued some torrid play in the win on Monday, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel relates. They got great efforts up and down the roster. It was a blowout that calls back to the routines of the 2009 and 2010 teams, Eddy Rivera of MagicBasketball.net writes. No Dwight, no problem.
2) Danny Nowell of MagicBasketball.net writes the Magic should pick Dwight Howard over Stan Van Gundy.
3) Shannon Owens of the Orlando Sentinel writes that Dwight Howard is far from a villain.
4) John Wall showed that less can be more as he scored only two points in Washington's win over Charlotte on Monday night, Michael Lee of The Washington Post writes. Cartier Martin and James Singleton, two players on 10-day contracts, drove a lot of the effort and inspiration in the win.
5) The Magic are starting to show signs of improvement and consistency in a dominating way, Andrew Melnick of ESPNFlorida writes.
6) Mike Prada of Bullets Forever writes on the non-linear development of NBA point guards.
7) The Wizards want to win their remaining 10 games... one down, nine to go. Meanwhile, Kyle Weidie of TruthAboutIt.net discusses tanking with Wizards and Bobcats bloggers. Bullets Forever argues that the Wizards roster is a disaster by design.
8) Michael Lee of The Washington Post writes that Jan Vesely's first double-double was a big step for a player looking to improve his offense.
9) Kyle Weidie of Truth About It sits down with Clippers and Nuggets bloggers to break down the aftermath of the JaVale McGee-Nene trade.
10) Kyle Weidie of Truth About It tries to figure out Jordan Crawford.
11) Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated provides his thoughts on the Magic's latest circus (h/t Kurt Helin of Pro Basketball Talk).
12) Dwight Howard has some eye-popping numbers against the Wizards, but he is still questionable tonight. Would that put Orlando's dominance over Washington in jeopardy?
13) James Singleton is settling back into life in the United States after playing two years in China, Michael Lee of The Washington Post reports.
14) The Magic are tentatively planning to host their summer league on July 9-13 at Amway Center, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel reports.
15) Trevor Booker aggravated a foot injury and will be out a little longer. Rashard Lewis also does not look like he will be back this season. :-(