Follow us on Twitter @OMagicDaily!
(8-12) vs. (13-9)
Time/TV: 7 p.m./Sun Sports
Line: Magic by 7.5
Tickets: $12-$385 on TiqIQ
Season Series: Tonight in Orlando; March 23 in Orlando; April in Cleveland
BREAKING: The Magic have suspended Glen Davis for tonight and Saturday's game.
1) David Steele of FSFlorida writes Ishmael Smith could be exactly what the Magic needs and he reminds him of Darrell Armstrong's situation when he first jumped on with the Magic. Smith is looking forward to his first game.
2) Jason Richardson will return to the starting lineup tonight, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel reports.
3) The real countdown for Dwight Howard begins on March 1 when recently acquired free agents are eligible to be traded, Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel writes.
4) The Nets are still quietly confident they will land Dwight Howard, Fred Kerber of the New York Post writes.
5) Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post expands on Tom Ziller's study of scoring volatility among the league's top scorers. He discovers the Magic's top two scorers are also their most volatile. Uh oh.
6) David Whitley of Sporting News writes Stan Van Gundy deserves better than the sinking ship Dwight Howard and Otis Smith have put the Magic on.
7) Dwight Howard was the leading vote getter in All-Star voting and he will start at center for the East at the Amway Center in late February. Eric Freeman of Ball Don't Lie makes his case for Kyrie Irving to join Howard in Orlando for the All-Star Game (not on the Magic, although that would be awesome).
8) Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beacon Journal writes the Cavaliers are having some trouble initiating their offense and getting good shots at important moments.
9) Scott Schroeder of Ridiculous Upside writes Ishmael Smith made the fastest call up from the D-League. Stan Van Gundy will have his eye on Smith as well as rookie guard Kyrie Irving tonight.
10) Mychel Thompson will get his second career start for the Cavaliers tonight.