Follow us on Twitter @OMagicDaily!
(16-11) vs. (12-14)
Time/TV: 9 p.m./FSFlorida
Line: Magic by 2
Tickets: $35-$103 on TiqIQ
Season Series: Tonight in Milwaukee; Feb. 17 in Orlando; Feb. 20 in Milwaukee; March 3 in Orlando
1) The Magic missed several opportunities to pull out a win last night against the Hawks. The game showed how close the Magic are to putting it all together and yet still how so far they are from doing so.
2) The NBA has invited Ryan Anderson to compete in the 3-point contest at All-Star Weekend, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel learned. This contest should be Anderson's first chance to fight for respect and recognition on a national stage, Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel says.
3) Ken Berger of CBS Sports updates rumors in the Dwight Howard front, stating the riff with Kobe Bryant was overstated but that Howard is still unsure of the Lakers and stating that Rich DeVos appears to have learned his lesson in handling his free agent center this time around.
4) Danny Nowell of MagicBasketball.net tries to figure out the Jekyll and Hyde nature of this Magic team and come out with its identity.
5) The Bucks eked out an overtime win in a strange and crazy game against the Cavaliers. Scott Skiles used an interesting tactic in that game, purposefully getting a third-quarter ejection to spark his team and give it some energy, Brendan Bowers of Crossover Chronicles reports.
6) Yes, even Brandon Jennings is thinking of his future free agency, and Charles F. Gardner of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that it may be outside of Wisconsin.
7) The Bradley Center is increasing its facility fee, hoping to generate more revenue to fund a renovation for the aging arena, Don Walker of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel writes.