Follow us on Twitter @OMagicDaily!
(4-17) vs. (12-9)
Time/TV: 7 p.m./Sun Sports
Line: Magic by 10
Tickets: $5-$260 on TiqIQ
Season Series: Won 103-85 in Orlando on Jan. 4; Tonight in Orlando; Feb. 29 in Washington, D.C.; April 10 in Washington, D.C.
1) Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel that Jason Richardson and Jameer Nelson will once again sit out tonight's game.
2) Otis Smith is not planning on making any trades or moves any time soon (probably because there is nothing out there for him to make short of trading Dwight Howard, but he won't tell anyone that), but Kurt Helin of Pro Basketball Talk writes the Magic's lack of leadership is the bigger concern. I touched on this subject last week.
3) Bottom line: Stan Van Gundy is coaching bad players writes Eddy Rivera of MagicBasketball.net.
4) Despite firing their coach and despite being on pace for the worst winning percentage in franchise history, Wizards general manager Ernie Grunfeld is not moving from his plan to build through the draft and young talent on the roster, Michael Lee of The Washington Post writes.
6) Aaron Torres of Aaron Torres Sports is right: Dwight Howard needs to shut up and just play basketball.
7) Since everyone is trying to figure out how their team can land Dwight Howard, why wouldn't ESPN Dallas post a poll asking whether the Mavericks might land both Deron Williams and Dwight Howard? The thing is, that it actually is possible if Dallas makes the right moves this season.
8) Andray Blatche is out 3-5 weeks, giving another chance to the young Trevor Booker to step into the lineup, Michael Lee of The Washington Post writes.
9) John Hollinger of ESPN believes Marshon Brooks' emergence has given the Nets perhaps the best offer for the Magic to take for Dwight Howard.
10) Alex Curtis-Slep of NBA TipOff writes Ryan Anderson has been a singular bright spot for the Magic in this troubling stretch.
11) Kevin Seraphin is a YouTube superstar.