Follow us on Twitter @OMagicDaily!
(0-5) vs. (4-2)
Time/TV: 7 p.m./NBATV, Sun Sports
Line: Orlando by 12
Tickets: $22-$225 on TiqIQ
Season Series: Tonight in Orlando; February 1 in Orlando; February 29 in Washington, D.C.; April 10 in Washington, D.C.
1) It has been more than a year since the stunning trade that sent Rashard Lewis to Washington. As he plays his first game in Orlando against the Magic since then, Lewis tells Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel that he has moved on from the shock of that day. Lewis though can't help but reminisce as he walks the halls of his old stomping grounds, as he tells Michael Lee of The Washington Post.
2) John Wall was a rambunctious, fun-loving rookie last year. But the losing has gotten to him as he made known in public statements. The still winless Wizards are not making basketball fun for the sophomore, Jason Reid of The Washington Post writes.
3) Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel reports that the Magic actually hold a team option on the final year of J.J. Redick's three-year deal set to expire after next season. That leaves Orlando with an interesting question on whether to extend the hot-shooting Redick before the end of the season -- something Redick says has not been discussed or near the front of his mind at all.
4) Clint Peterson of Hardwood Paroxysm writes that Ryan Anderson is not just some random dude anymore.
5) Colin Cowherd says John Wall is not a real leader and that explains both his high turnover numbers and his team's poor record. I am sure his age and experience level has nothing to do with either of those things.
6) Wizards coach Flip Saunders backed his players after getting ejected from the Wizards' previous game against the Celtics. The players backed him by playing harder and pushing Boston to the brink, Michael Lee of The Washington Post writes.
6) Dwight Howard tells Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel that he is too old to compete in the Slam Dunk contest (it is officially titled the Sprite Rising Stars Competition). No Howard dunks on All-Star Saturday Night at Amway Center.