|San Antonio||122||Pace: 90||135.7||59.6||26.8||5.9||27.7|
Follow us on Twitter @OMagicDaily!
San Antonio, Texas
(28-15) vs. (27-13)
Time/TV: 8:30 p.m./Sun Sports
Line: Spurs by 7.5
Tickets: Check TiqIQ
Season Series: Lost 85-83 in Orlando on Jan. 18; Tonight in San Antonio
1) By now, you probably know the developing story. Multiple reports are saying Dwight Howard has informed the Magic he will decline his early termination option and return to the team for the 2012-13 season... provided they don't trade him first by tomorrow's deadline. Still waiting for official word that he has put pen to paper.
Forget everything above. Multiple news outlets, including Paul Kennedy of Sun Sports, Marc Stein of ESPN.com and Ken Berger of CBS Sports are reporting Dwight Howard does not intend to sign the opt-in clause for the final year of his contract and still plans to terminate his contract and enter free agency this summer. Steve Kyler of HoopsWorld reports Howard change his mind on signing the opt in because he "did not fully understand the ramifications" of giving away his early termination option.
2) Tim Povtak of Fox Sports Florida writes Dwight Howard worked to change perspective in retracting his trade demand after last night's win over Miami. It was the biggest upset of the night according to Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel.
4) One thing is for sure right now, Dwight Howard is calling all the shots and directing where the Magic's next move will be.
5) Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post comments that the Monta Ellis trade to Milwaukee could significantly effect Orlando's ability to bring in a second "superstar" player before Thursday's deadline.
6) Remember Doug Christie? He and his zany wife are looking at producing porn. I am sure it will be very avant-garde.