Follow us on Twitter @OMagicDaily!
Series tied 1-1
Time/TV: 7:30 p.m./NBATV, FSFlorida
Line: Pacers by 3
Tickets: $7-$530 on TiqIQ
Playoff Series: Magic 81, Pacers 77; Pacers 93, Magic 78; Tonight in Orlando; May 5 in Orlando; May 8 in Indianapolis
1) Danny Nowell of MagicBasketball.net went searching for answers in the third quarter of Game Two and seems to conclude that the Magic have a big problem with its offense, especially in the screen and roll. It is one of the reasons I suggested that the Magic run a lot more secondary action and create safety valves in the offense. The offense remains a major concern as the Magic enter Game Three, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel writes. The emphasis at shootaround this morning was on patience.
2) Mike Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinel is concerned that the Magic's true captain, Jameer Nelson, might be playing his last games in a Magic uniform.
3) Both the Magic and the Pacers hope to return to their strengths in Game Three.
4) Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel says the big key to the Magic getting a Game Three win is for the Magic to sustain their energy throughout the entire game. The increased intensity is what they felt was missing in Game Two.
5) Cosmopolitan named J.J. Redick the hottest player in the NBA. Sorry, ladies, he is taken. (h/t Jason McIntyre of Big Lead Sports)
6) Patrick Ewing's name has begun to surface among the candidates to fill the now-vacant head coaching position in Charlotte, Iliana Limon of the Orlando Sentinel reports.
7) Tyson Chandler has won the NBA's Defensive Player of the Year Award according to numerous reports, ending Dwight Howard's three-year reign as the league's top defender.