Follow us on Twitter @OMagicDaily!
(0-1) vs. (0-0)
Time/TV: 7 p.m./FSFlorida
Line: Nuggets by 6
Tickets: $10-$262 on Vivid Seats
Season Series: Tonight in Orlando; January 9 in Denver
1) No more talking. No more speculating. No more doubting. No more lowered expectations. Tonight is the night it all begins. The Magic have a chance to put a lot of doubters to rest as they play their first game of the season, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel writes. It is time to prove the doubters wrong, John Denton of OrlandoMagic.com writes.
2) The Magic are still going to be shifting and moving this year. J.J. Redick is at peace with his uncertain future in Orlando and recognizes that he might very well be traded some point this season, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel reports. The honesty and openness from Rob Hennigan has certainly made an impression on the franchise.
3) Remember when the Magic nearly acquired Chris Paul in 2010? Yeah, I do too. Except the New Orleans version of the story might have been remember how the Hornets nearly acquired Dwight Howard? OK, maybe not. But Howard and Paul wanted to play together, according to Marc J. Spears, and allegedly picked Dallas as a potential location. Howard would not budge though and was unsure of leaving Orlando... then he wasn't. And Paul got impatient.
4) Mike Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinel provides us with a little history lesson. The Magic might be down right now, but one thing they have shown in the past is that they are not out.
5) Wages of Wins explains why Ty Lawson might be a better point guard than Russell Westbrook.
6) George Karl wants to find something to tell Evan Fournier to improve on. But the rookie has caught on fast and made an unexpected impact in his first game, Benjamin Hochman of the Denver Post writes.
7) Arron Afflalo is downplaying his first matchup against his old team, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel writes. The emotions of opening night go ahead of it.
8) Evaluations of the Dwight Howard trade begin in earnest tonight, Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel writes.
9) Noam Schiller of MagicBasketball.net answers five pressing questions about the Magic such as who steps up at shooting guard and how does the front court mess get solved.
10) MagicBasketball.net names Bo Outlaw the Magic's 10th best player of all time.
11) Danilo Gallinari will suit up for the Nuggets tonight at less than 100 percent after missing Wednesday's game against Philadelphia, Benjamin Hochman of the Denver Post reports.
12) Brooke Thomas of FSFlorida gets to know Jameer Nelson a little better.