Auburn Hills, Mich.
(0-3) vs. (1-2)
Time/TV: 7:30 p.m./No TV
Line: Pistons by 4.5
Tickets: $1-$63 on Vivid Seats
Season Series: Nov. 16 in Detroit; Nov. 21 in Orlando; Jan. 22 in Detroit; Jan. 27 in Orlando
|Pace||Off. Rtg.||Def. Rtg.||eFG%||O.Reb.%||TO%||FTR|
1) Tuesday night was a special evening for DeQuan Jones. The undrafted rookie guard started his first game in last night's overtime loss to Cleveland, fulfilling a dream of starting in the NBA.
2) The Magic have to get the roster down to 15. According to John Denton, 14 of those spots seem to be locked up. It likely leaves DeQuan Jones, Armon Johnson, Chris Johnson, Josh McRoberts, Christian Eyenga and Justin harper fighting for one spot.
3) The Ball Don't Lie staff offer a pretty in-depth preview of the Magic for the season.
3) Byron Scott, who took over the summer LeBron James left Cleveland, said it will be a good thing that Jacque Vaughn has no connection to the old team.
4) Brandon Knight is trying to shed his shoot-first label and is trying to become a better passer as Detroit's point guard, Vince Ellis of the Detroit Free Press writes.
5) The Magic played their best offensive game of the preseason, but the defense came up short in overtime in Cincinnati against the Cavaliers. In the comeback to force overtime, however, the Magic showed the development of their never-say-die ethos.
6) Joe Dumars helped build a championship team in Detroit and then fell on some hard times with an uncertain ownership organization, and some personal issues. Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports writes on how Dumars climbed back out and is rebuilding the Pistons.
7) With three preseason games complete, Lawrence Frank is beginning to piece together his rotation, Vincent Goodwill fo The Detroit News writes. Brendan Savage of MLive.com reports that it may take another week for it to get finalized.
8) If you do not know who Greg Monroe is, tonight might be a good chance to get acquainted. Jim Cavan of Off the Dribble named the budding center as one of his five players to watch this year, along with second-year guard Kyrie Irving.
9) Despite some struggles in the early part of the preseason, particularly offensively, Rodney Stuckey says the Pistons are on the right track and could compete for a Playoff spot this year.
10) Brandon Knight tells rookie center Andre Drummond that the key to his rookie success is working hard, Vince Ellis of the Detroit Free Press writes. Drummond was not always known as the hardest worker in his lone year at Connecticut.
11) One of the lineups the Pistons could experiment with tonight, or in the near future, would pair up Pistons big men Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond, Perry A. Farrell of the Detroit Free Press writes.
12) Jonas Jerebko may be sliding over to small forward for certain situations, David Mayo fo MLive.com writes.