Follow us on Twitter @OMagicDaily!
(2-4) vs. (3-3)
Time/TV: 8 p.m./No TV
Line: Grizzlies by 7
Tickets: $2-$59 on Vivid Seats
Season Series: Feb. 22 in Memphis; March 3 in Orlando
1) Arron Afflalo is expected to play tonight, making his Orlando Magic debut, John Denton of OrlandoMagic.com writes.
2) Glen Davis wanted to be a starter and a leader and was basically frustrated in those goals last year. Now with that sometimes rough year under his belt, Davis is becoming a true leader on and off the floor for the Magic, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel writes.
3) Gustavo Ayon will miss two weeks after spraining his thumb in Sunday's win over San Antonio, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel reports.
4) Kyle Hightower of the Associated Press writes that hope is everywhere in Orlando, even without Dwight Howard.
5) J.J. Redick is once again the Iron Magic winner and undisputed champion of the world.
6) Al Harrington tells Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel that he could get the go-ahead to begin practicing when he meets with his doctor on Nov. 12.
7) It is preview day for the Memphis Grizzlies as part of the Blogger Preview. Learn more about Memphis from Red Coleman of 3 Shades of Blue and from TLorenzo fo Straight Outta Vancouver and from Ball Don't Lie. And also from me over at Crossover Chronicles.
8) It was a pretty quiet summer for the Grizzlies. The most important move according to Mike Prada of SB Nation? Keeping Rudy Gay.
9) Geoff Calkins of the Memphis Commercial Appeal puts his weight behind keeping general manager Chris Wallace once new ownership is established.
10) Jerome Jordan is hoping he can stay in Memphis as Ronald Tillery of the Memphis Commercial Appeal writes Jordan is the most likely player on a non-guaranteed contract to make the opening day roster.
11) Brian Serra of Magic Basketball Online details a new partnership between the NBA and RareInk.