Follow us on Twitter @OMagicDaily!
(0-0) vs. (0-1)
Time/TV: 7 p.m./No TV
Line: Pick 'em
Tickets: $2-$87 on Vivid Seats
Season Series: Feb. 4 in Philadelphia; Feb. 26 in Philadelphia; March 10 in Orlando
1) Jason Richardson tells Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel that he is unsure how Magic fans will respond to his return to the Amway Center. The one thing he did say was that he always played hard and for the team even though he felt Stan Van Gundy did not use all of his talents (something Van Gundy agreed with... boy, hindsight is 20/20).
2) The bond between Jameer Nelson and Jacque Vaughn will be important for the Magic's development this year, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel writes.
3) The improvement of Jrue Holiday and Evan Turner are among the many storylines Bob Cooney of the Philadelphia Daily News will be watching this season.
4) Glen Davis makes his signing debut. You will hear it after he scores at the arena tonight. Is it better than Troy Hudson? Is it better than Shaq?
5) As part of my "Never-Ending NBA Preview," I take a brief look at what kind of season the 76ers are expecting this year and how it all revolves around Andrew Bynum.
6) Like most teams before their first preseason game, the 76ers are hungry to beat on someone else and play in a game, Marc Narducci of the Philadelphia Inquirer writes.
7) After Andre Iguodala made some interesting comments about his last few years in Philadelphia, there has been some talk of Sixers fans booing him on opening night. This utterly confuses Michael Levin of Liberty Ballers.
8) In more schadenfreude news, Jason Richardson told Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel that the uncertainty about Dwight Howard's trade situation contributed to Richardson leaving agent Dan Fegan. The going belief is that Richardson received his current contract partially to curry favor with Fegan to keep Dwight Howard in Orlando.
9) Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post wonders if any Magic players will represent the team at All-Star Weekend in Houston. Best bet would be the 3-point shootout this year, it would seem.