Follow us on Twitter @OMagicDaily!
(40-39) vs. (20-59)
Time/TV: 7 p.m./FSFlorida
Line: Celtics by 4.5
Tickets: $31-$466 on Vivid Seats
Season Series: Magic lost 116-110 in Orlando on Nov. 25; Magic lost 97-84 in Boston on Feb. 1; Tonight in Orlando
1) Rob Mahoney of the Point Forward lists the Magic as among the league's surprises for this year. Despite that awful win-loss record, it is hard to argue considering the position Rob Hennigan was put in before the season started and all the injuries the team has faced. (h/t Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post)
2) Nikola Vucevic still has an outside shot at winning the league's rebounding title, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel writes. He would need to average 23.0 rebounds per game to do it, theoretically. Surprisingly, Vucevic has filled the void left by Dwight Howard by giving the Magic a solid player at center, Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel writes.
3) Still recovering from his injury, and still a little disappointed with the losing this season, Arron Afflalo has his eyes set on being ready for next season, Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel writes.
4) Michigan has announced a press conference tomorrow afternoon and Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reports that it is to announce Trey Burke will forego the final two seasons of his college eligibility and enter the NBA Draft.
5) Jeff Green expects to play tonight after bruising his left elbow last night in Miami, Baxter Holmes of the Boston Globe reports.
6) Megan Anderson of Orlando Business Journal writes about how local companies, including the Magic, reach out to their Hispanic audiences.
7) With the Big Three back in the lineup for the Heat and the Celtics playing without Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett, the Heat scored a 109-101 victory last night at American Airlines Arena.