Follow us on Twitter @OMagicDaily!
(17-13) vs. (9-20)
Time/TV: 7 p.m./FSFlorida
Line: Magic by 3
Tickets: $14-$244 on Vivid Seats
Season Series: Hawks won 104-94 in Atlanta on Nov. 9; Magic won 109-92 in Atlanta on Nov. 26; Tonight in Orlando; Jan. 22 in Orlando
1) Arron Afflalo's stellar season has not translated into All-Star votes yet, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel writes. Jacque Vaughn said he will not be publicly stumping for his starting shooting guard.
2) Arron Afflalo and E'Twaun Moore have been cleared to play and are active for tonight's game.
3) The Magic are hoping Kyle O'Quinn takes the next step in his career and bursts into the Magic rotation, Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post writes.
4) Solomon Jones may not be active for tonight's game, but he is enjoying his time playing for the hometown Magic, he tells Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel.
5) Lou Williams and Elton Brand will get the starts in DeMarre Carroll and Al Horford's place tonight for the Hawks. Caroll is not traveling on this two-game road trip for Atlanta that starts in Orlando.
6) Lou Williams' 10 points in overtime helped propel the Hawks to an overtime win over the Bobcats, Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal Constitution writes. The first game of the post-Al Horford 2014 season got off to a great finish, if not a great start.
7) Victor Oladipo updated Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post and the Orlando media on his progress playing point guard.
8) Jason Maxiell helped raise the Pistons young bigs although he does not consider himself an old guy quite yet, Vincent Goodwill of the Detroit News writes. He is performing much the same veteran role for the Magic this year.
9) The Pistons may have ben caught overlooking the Magic as the Magic recorded a dominant and relatively complete performance in Friday's win. The Pistons defense wilted and there was no sense of urgency as the Magic finally made some shots. The key was the certainly the Magic stifling the Pistons' inside play and the Magic's defense feeding the offense. The emphasis on defense helped propel the Magic to the much-needed victory.
10) Lou Ramon Aguila of International Business Times suggests the Lakers could be a potential landing spot for Hedo Turkoglu once the Magic complete his buy out.
11) The Hawks recalled Jared Cunningham from the D-League in preparation for tonight's game, Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal Constitution reports.