Follow us on Twitter @OMagicDaily!
1) It was a strange day Thursday as the Magic players learned of the trade while on the tarmac in Dallas before departing for Memphis. It was also an emotional one, even for a seasoned pro like Jameer Nelson, as he tells Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel.
2) Mike Prada of SBNation writes the success of the J.J. Redick deal for the Magic likely will be determiend by how well Tobias Harris develops.
3) The Magic will have only eight players available, the minimum allowed for a game, and one of them will actually be Al Harrington, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel reports.
4) Jameer Nelson will miss tonight's game with a patellar tendon, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel reports.
5) J.J. Redick told Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel that the news of his trade from Orlando was something he tried his best to prepare for, but was still a shock.
6) For a fan base still licking its wounds from the Dwight Howard mess, J.J. Redick's trade just came at the wrong time for the Magic, Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel writes. It will just be difficult to explain to fans. Unfortunately, it was necessary for the team's rebuild.
7) In case you missed it, the Magic traded J.J. Redick, Gustavo Ayon and Ish Smith to Milwaukee for Tobias Harris, Beno Udrih and Doron Lamb. The trade apparently came right down to the deadline to complete. It is a group of young players the Magic received.
8) Demetris Nichols is not your typical D-Leaguer, Keith Schlosser of Ridiculous Upside writes. The veteran forward has found a home in Sioux Falls. Now that the Magic have an open roster spot and Rob Hennigan has stated a desire to try out the D-League, could Nichols finally get his chance in the NBA?