Follow us on Twitter @OMagicDaily!
(9-29) vs. (14-24)
Time/TV: 7 p.m./FSFlorida
Line: Magic by 7
Tickets: $14-$202 on Vivid Seats
Season Series: Won 107-98 in Charlotte on Dec. 15; Tonight in Orlando; Feb. 19 in Orlando; March 27 in Charlotte
1) Nikola Vucevic is astonishingly getting comparisons to Dwight Howard as his rebounding has been superb for the Magic this year, Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel writes. Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post settles any doubts raised in Philadelphia about Vucevic -- he is a good player. With those questions swirling Sean Highkin of MagicBasketball.net wonders what Vucevic's ceiling might be. As I wrote earlier this week, the biggest step forward for Vucevic was establishing concistency.
2) Steve Kyler of HoopsWorld reports the Magic are aggressively pursuing trades and exploring every trade scenario that might be available.
3) The Magic are looking to re-establish home court supremacy in this stretch of home games, John Denton of OrlandoMagic.com. They will have to if they want to get back into the Playoff race.
4) Unbelievably, DeQuan Jones' story continues on in Orlando, Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel writes. The training camp signee is in the starting lineup for the Magic and comfortably in their rotation at the midpoint of the season.
5) Kobe Bryant claims that he "roasted" Tracy McGrady one on one when they played. T-Mac denies it. Today's Video Vault lets you be the judge. h/t Sean Sweeney of DIME Magazine.
6) The Charlotte Bobcats have lost 23 of their last 25 games and the big reason for many of those losses has been falling behind by double digits early and having to play catch up, Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer writes.
7) Chase Bank has joined the Orlando Magic as the team's official bank, the team announced. Richard Burnett of the Orlando Sentinel has the details of this business partnership.