Follow us on Twitter @OMagicDaily!
1) Arron Afflalo is coming to represent the frustration the Magic have right now. After games he points the finger at himself and speaks very calmly. But still there is that undercurrent of frustration with this veteran player who desperately wants to win. His focus is not on his return to Denver but on breaking this losing streak, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel writes. One thing we have learned about Afflalo is that he does not take losing lightly, as Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post writes.
2) Still, this is Afflalo's first game back in Denver and he tells Benjamin Hochman of the Denver Post that the feeling is different and that he is thankful for the growth he had in Denver as a player. The Nuggets have a feeling Afflalo will want to put on a good show.
3) Despite a nine-game losing streak and playing without Glen Davis, George Karl said the Magic are scary and that it is tough to tell his team that an opponent is playing well while they are on a nine-game skid, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel reports.
4) It is looking like E'Twaun Moore is close to returning to the floor. He could be back by the end of this road trip.
5) Nikola Vucevic's rebounding is making a big difference for the Magic, Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post writes. Brett Koremenos of Grantland writes Vucevic could be this trade's Marc Gasol.
6) Sean Highking of MagicBasketball.net revisits the Ryan Anderson deal and concludes that, because Gustavo Ayon is struggling, the Magic made a slight misstep.
7) These are not the Denver Nuggets the Magic faced on opening night, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel writes. The Nuggets have won 10 of their last 15 games and do not resemble the kind of lifeless bunch that came to Amway Center expecting an easy time.
8) The Magic signed just two free agents this summer, but both E'Twaun Moore and Dequan Jones have been big contributors for the Magic, Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post writes.