Follow us on Twitter @OMagicDaily!
(0-0) vs. (0-0)
Time/TV: 11 a.m./NBATV
Line: No Line
Tickets: Closed to the Public
Summer League Schedule: Sunday vs. Celtics; Monday vs. Thunder; Tuesday vs. Heat; Thursday vs. Philadelphia; Friday is Championship Day
1) The Magic have several of their regular players on the Summer League roster and for players like Maurice Harkless, they see this as an opportunity to improve their skills and put some results behind the hard work from early this summer, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel writes.
2) So why Brad Stevens? Mark Murphy of the Boston Herald writes Danny Ainge and the Celtics were looking for a young coach who could coach up their young team.
3) Victor Oladipo along with several other first round picks will make their debut in the Southwest Airlines Orlando Pro Summer League starting today. Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel gets you set with this primer.
4) After losing their head coach and facing a daunting rebuild, the Celtics are keeping the faith that it will put them on the path to Banner No. 18. Boston owner Wyc Grousbeck tells Steve Bulpett of the Boston Herald that tanking is not in his vocabulary despite the bleak outlook.
5) Boston's young players, like Kelly Olynyk, seem excited about the Brad Stevens hire, Baxter Holmes of The Boston Globe writes. Fab Melo, for one, is excited for the opportunity to grow under a new coach, according to Steve Bulpett of the Boston Herald, after getting buried on the bench for Doc Rivers as he tried to figure out how to keep his team in contention.
6) Celtics owner Wyc Grousbeck made it pretty clear to Steve Bulpett of the Boston Herald: Doc Rivers left the Celtics organization.
7) Despite losing top players Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett and hiring a new coach, interest in the Celtics -- and buying season tickets -- appears to be strong still, Tom Layman of the Boston Herald writes.