Follow us on Twitter @OMagicDaily!
(1-4) vs. (3-2)
Time/TV: 7 p.m./FSFlorida
Line: Magic by 5.5
Tickets: $22-$702 on Vivid Seats
Season Series: Tonight in Orlando; Nov. 11 in Boston; Jan. 19 in Orlando; Feb. 2 in Boston
1) The reason the Magic are such a big surprise, John Schumann of NBA.com writes, is because of their stellar defense.
2) Celtics coach Brad Stevens is very impressed with Magic rookie guard Victor Oladipo, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel writes. Stevens faced Oladipo three times while he was the head coach at Butler and Oladipo was at Indiana.
3) E'Twaun Moore might be a quiet guy, but his game speaks volumes. Jacque Vaughn called him a "gamer" following Wednesday's win after he nailed a big 3-pointer.
4) The Magic are changing their lottery luck by re-defining success for themselves, Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel writes.
5) Adam Kaufman of Boston.com says it just feels wrong to cheer for the Celtics to lose.
6) The Celtics are where everyone thought they would be through five games, but there are some other key observations from Gary Dzen of Boston.com this early in the season.
7) Baxter Holmes of the Boston Globe explains where Brad Stevens' calm demeanor comes from.
8) Brandon Bass has turned into a solid defensive player, perhaps even the defensive anchor, early in the season for the Celtics, Peter Forsberg of ESPN Boston writes.
9) Mark Murphy of the Boston Herald writes the Magic present interesting challenges despite being projected to finish in the East's basement thanks to three impressive wins.
10) Appeasing the veterans at the end of the Celtics bench is one of the many challenges Brad Stevens faces in his first year with the Celtics.