Follow us on Twitter @OMagicDaily!
(1-2) vs. (2-1)
Time/TV: 8 p.m./NBATV
Line: Rockets by 5.5
Tickets: $1-$182 on Vivid Seats
Season Series: Tonight in Houston (Preseason); Dec. 8 in Houston; March 5 in Orlando
1) Dwight Howard told Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel he would like the Magic to retire his No. 12 jersey one day. He opened up about his departure from Los Angeles and said he had to do what he thought was best for himself in free agency. However, there are things he misses about Orlando. But, Howard said he has no regrets about leaving Orlando.
2) Nikola Vucevic is hungry for challenges and wants to show he has made improvement in his game. He knows he has a long way to go still to get to the elite level he wants, John Denton of OrlandoMagic.com writes.
3) Jameer Nelson remains committed to the Magic organization and helping the team's young players grow, Jeff Caplan of NBA.com writes.
4) Dwight Howard sees a situation in Houston very similar to the one he had in Orlando, particularly in 2009, John Denton of OrlandoMagic.com reports.
5) The Rockets are facing a bit of jet lag after a trip to Asia ended Sunday, Jenny Dial Creech of Ultimate Rockets writes.
6) Rockets fans are in the middle of a weird fight as CSN Houston is going through bankruptcy and leaving the team's TV rights up in the air, Patrick Harrell of The Dream Shake writes.
7) Sean Deveney of Sporting News writes the Magic are almost certainly heading back to the Lottery, but the team has a lot of young talent to build around after the Dwight Howard fiasco.
8) Brett David Roberts of Presto in the Paint writes that Dwight Howard has no claim to the Magic's No. 12.
9) Bovada has set the Magic's over/under on wins at 24 wins this season.
10) Ronnie Price is working his way slowly back from injury, dampering his homecoming to Houston tonight, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel reports.
11) Dwight Howard has bought his cowboy get up, although he is still waiting on his cowboy boots, Jenny Dial Creech of Ultimate Rockets reports.
12) Spencer Lund of Magic Basketball.net takes a look at what Romero Osby might have in store for the Magic this season.
13) Victor Oladipo loves playing at Amway Center already, Josh Cohen of OrlandoMagic.com writes.
14) The Magic helped build 25 reading centers around Central Florida as part of the team's 25 community events in 25 days leading up to the tip off of the season.