Follow us on Twitter @OMagicDaily!
1) Who is ready for a bit of controversy? The Orlando Sentinel released a bracket to determine the best player in Magic history. Shaquille O'Neal, Dwight Howard, Tracy McGrady and Penny Hardaway are your top seeds in the 64-player tournament. Who got snubbed? Try Rashard Lewis and Steve Francis most notably. I will be on The Sports Angle on 740 AM with Adam Papageorgiou and host Carson Ingle to discuss the bracket.
2) According to Don Coble of the Florida Times-Union in Jacksonville, the Magic want a D-League team in Jacksonville. And the ABA's Jacksonville Giants want to copy Orlando City Soccer and be that new D-League team.
3) The young Magic team is excited to finally translate the work they have done in the offseason to the court under the lights... even if it is just preseason, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel writes.
4) As we get set for the first preseason game, I reviewed the storylines to follow in the rest of training camp and this season on the OMD Podcast with audio from Media Day.
6) The Magic made a major move this offseason when Joe Rogowski left as the team's strength and conditioning coach. The transition to Bill Burgos has been incredibly smooth.
7) Zach Lowe of Grantland classifies the teams in the NBA by whether they will contend. Magic are in the tanking category, sorry.
8) Nate Drexler of MagicBasketball.net discusses the tragic fall of Hedo Turkoglu.
9) For Maurice Harkless to break out, his jump shot must improve, Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post writes. His added muscle should help him, Josh Cohen of OrlandoMagic.com adds.
10) Jason Maxiell's Horace Grant goggles are on the way, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel reports.
11) John Denton of OrlandoMagic.com answers the question of how many minutes Victor Oladipo will see at point this year.
12) Jacob Frankel of MagicBasketball.net reviews Tobias Harris' season last year and what he could do this year.
13) Eric Gordon will probably miss tonight's game for the Pelicans, but coach Monty Williams says Gordon is making progress and should return soon (maybe in time for the trip to Orlando later this month?), John Reid of The New Orleans Times Picayune reports.