(34-23) vs. (33-24)
Time/TV: 8 p.m./League Pass
Line: Celtics by 3
Tickets: $27-$690 on TiqIQ
Magic's Magic Number: 3
|8. New York||29-28||4.5|
1) I was over on Crossover Chronicles today and had some comments on Pat Williams' belief that Dwight Howard and Stan Van Gundy can save their professional relationship.
2) The Magic should be looking forward to the end of this season as they limp toward the finish, Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel writes.
3) The Magic should hope that the standings remain the way they are right now, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel writes. The Hawks, for their part, know the Magic or Pacers would be better matchups but believe a win over the Celtics would add a little more prestige and mean a little more, Michael Cunningham of the Atlanta Journal Constitution writes. Remember, the team with the better record always gets home court.
4) The supposedly old Celtics are still pretty formidable, Michael Cunningham of the Atlanta Journal Constitution. Don't look now, the Celtics are gaining confidence, Matt Peppin of The Boston Globe writes.
5) The Magic missed Dwight Howard in a loss to the Wizards last night as the team struggled to find much energy or offensive rhythm.
6) Ish Smith served as the team's backup point guard last night in Washington even with Chris Duhon available.
7) Ray Allen is quietly adjusting to his new role coming off the bench for the Celtics, Gary Washburn of The Boston Globe writes.
8) The Celtics showed their muscle in a win over the Heat in Miami last night, Gary Washburn of The Boston Globe writes.
8) J.J. Redick did not get booed much last night in Washington, D.C. Have D.C.-area fans moved on from Redick?