Amway Center, Orlando, Fla.
Game One, Series Tied 0-0
Time/TV: Saturday, 7 p.m./ESPN, Sun Sports
Line: Magic by 8
Tickets: $25-$460 on TiqIQ
Playoff Series: Game 1- Sat. in Orlando; Game 2- Tues. in Orlando; Game 3- April 22 in Atlanta; Game 4- April 24 in Atlanta
1) It has been a problem lurking beneath the surface, but the Magic are confident fans will be a powerful -- and loud -- force at the Amway Center's inaugural playoff run, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel writes.
2) Mike Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinel believes reaching the Eastern Conference Finals would constitute a successful postseason run for the Magic this year.
3) Josh Smith did not seem thrilled with Jameer Nelson's comments and the perception from the Magic they will get past the Hawks. He cites Atlanta's record in the regular season against Orlando as the team tries to accomplish its lofty goal of taking two at Amway Center, Michael Cunningham of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution writes.
4) Atlanta's decision to play Al Horford at power forward has made the Hawks a better defensive team, Zach McCann of the Orlando Sentinel writes. Also helping is the defensive play of Jason Collins. Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post analyzes how Collins and Dwight Howard matched up this year.
5) Jeff Schultz of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution writes this postseason is the time for Atlanta to make a stand and prove it is not the soft, irresolute, inconsistent team others seem to think they are.
6) Andrew Melnick of Howard the Dunk takes a detailed look at the series matchup between the Magic and the Hawks.
7) Businesses and Magic fans around the city are preparing for Magic Playoff mania, John Busdeker of the Orlando Sentinel reports.