|Score||Time Left||Off. Rtg.||eFG%||O.Reb.%||TOR||FTR|
Amway Center, Orlando, Fla.
Game One, Series Tied 0-0
Time/TV: Saturday, 7 p.m./ESPN, Sun Sports
Line: Magic by 8.5
Tickets: $28-$305 on TiqIQ
Playoff Series: Game 1- Sat. in Orlando; Game 2- Tues. in Orlando; Game 3- April 22 in Atlanta; Game 4- April 24 in Atlanta
1) Dwight Howard and Jameer Nelson have a tight bond that is almost brotherly. Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel details how their relationship has grown and hwo the two have matured together since being drafted in 2004 together to Orlando.
3) Atlanta did a good job defending the 3-pointer throughout the season and especially against Orlando. That does not mean, as Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post, the Magic should change their bombs away strategy.
4) Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post writes the Hawks offense is nothing to write home about and likely this series gets determined on how the Magic play against their defense and how well Joe Johnson plays.
5) Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel writes Atlanta will try to mimic the same strategy that helped Boston upend Orlando in 2010: single coverage Dwight Howard and stop the 3-point shot.
6) Jameer Nelson got into some hot water over comments he made to Derrick Rose last week saying he would see the presumptive MVP in the second round. The Hawks might be using it for motivation, Nelson does not really care, writes Zach McCann of the Orlando Sentinel.
8) Jason Collins is a little confused by all the attention and emphasis his matchup with Dwight Howard is getting. Collins said he is jsut looking to be physical against the Magic's center.
9) Michael Cunningham of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution breaks down the matchup between Orlando and Atlanta and calls the series even. Tom Ziller of SBNation writes Jason Collins seems to be the key to this series, and that should tell you everything you need to know.
10) Some notes and figures from the Eastern Conference First Round series courtesy of TrueHoop.