|Score||Time Left||Off. Rtg.||eFG%||O.Reb.%||TOR||FTR|
Amway Center, Orlando, Fla.
Game Two, Atlanta leads 1-0
Time/TV: Tuesday 7:30 p.m./NBATV, FSFlorida
Line: Magic by 9.5
Tickets: $29-$550 on TiqIQ
Playoff Series: Game 1- Hawks 103, Magic 93; Game 2- Tues. in Orlando; Game 3- April 22 in Atlanta; Game 4- April 24 in Atlanta
1) Only 14 teams have come back from an 0-2 deficit in a best-of-seven series. That means Orlando is facing a critical game tonight in Game Two, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel writes. Jameer Nelson told Shannon Owens of the Orlando Sentinel he still believed the Magic could win a title, something she had a hard time believing. The Hawks know they can deliver a crushing blow tonight.
3) Dwight Howard officially won his third consecutive Defensive Player of the Year Award on Monday. George Diaz of the Orlando Sentinel believes Howard also deserves an MVP award. Mike Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinel is buying into Matt Guokas' belief that Dwight Howard is the greatest defensive force in NBA history, even greater than Bill Russell.
5) Unlike last year, the Hawks are the ones sitting back while the Magic look for answers, Michael Cunningham of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution writes. For Orlando, a Game Two victory starts with getting stops, John Denton of OrlandoMagic.com writes. I suggest they should do that by trying to play a little more physically.
6) HawkStr8Talk of Peachtree Hoops gives some honest truths after Game One including winning possibly being a negative keeping Atlanta on a course many fans feel leads only to mediocrity.
8) Dwight Howard's technical foul from Game One will stand as called.