Follow us on Twitter @OMagicDaily!
Los Angeles, Calif.
(5-10) vs. (8-8)
Time/TV: 9:30 p.m./FSFlorida
Line: Lakers by 13
Tickets: $8-$3,685 on Vivid Seats
Season Series: Tonight in Los Angeles; March 12 in Orlando
1) Dwight Howard was somewhat reflective when talking about his first game against the Orlando Magic, admitting mistakes were made and reminiscing about all the good he and the Magic did in his eight years for the team and for the community, Ramona Shelburne of ESPN Los Angeles writes. But Howard sticks to his line and tells Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel he is only looking to his future and helping his new team.
2) Jameer Nelson remains a gametime decision as he recovers from tendinitis in his left Achilles, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel reports.
3) Jameer Nelson did his best to be diplomatic and wish his former teammate, Dwight Howard, luck when they face off tonight. But Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel sensed something under the surface.
4) The Magic hope this road trip will bring them together and they hope to build some momentum in tonight's game to spur a surprising season, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel writes.
5) Of course, the Dwight-mare is not over. While Howard said he is very happy with being in Los Angeles, he has not made any comments or commitments for when he becomes a free agent this summer, Mike Bresnahan of the Los Angeles Time writes.
6) Because Orlando did something to offend the fates, Mitch Lawrence of the New York Daily News reports the Lakers may be shopping Pau Gasol to the Hornets for ... Ryan Anderson (h/t Ryan Ward of Lakers Nation). Lawrence writes that adding a stretch-4 like Anderson may be the kick start Mike D'Antoni needs for his offense.
7) Friday's inspired play from the Lakers like came from Kobe Bryant challenging the starters after a disappointing practice performance on Thursday, Mark Medina of the Los Angeles Daily News writes.