(1-0) vs. (0-1)
Time/TV: 7 p.m./FSFlorida
Line: No Line
Tickets: $39-$200 on TiqIQ
Season Series: Lost 118-81 in Miami on Dec. 18; Dec. 21 in Orlando; Feb. 8 in Orlando; Feb. 19 in Miami; March 13 in Orlando; March 18 in Miami
|Pace||Off. Rtg.||Def. Rtg.||eFG%||O.Reb.%||TO%||FTR|
1) Mike Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinel writes it is unfair for anyone to criticize the Magic's commitment to winning. The front office may have made mistakes, but they certainly seem willing to spend what it takes to win.
2) Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post analyzes deeper the poor-looking offseason the Magic had in trying to improve their roster.
3) Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida writes Hedo Turkoglu hopes to end his career in Orlando.
4) Stan Van Gundy spent a good portion of his media availability on Tuesday lamenting his team's poor conditioning. On Saturday, Van Gundy said it might take a while for the league to get back into game shape.
5) Dwight Howard tell his critics he would never give a subpar effort for his team (whichever team that might be).
6) Stan Van Gundy said Hedo Turkoglu's injury was not major, but he was uncertain whether he would play Wednesday. Turkoglu sat out Tuesday's practice. UPDATE: Hedo Turkoglu is out for Wednesday's game and Ryan Anderson will start at power forward over Glen Davis.
7) As good as the Heat looked Sunday, they are still down about a third of their rotation with Shane Battier, Eddy Curry and Mike Miller planning to sit out Wednesday's game. Alykhan Merali of All You Can Heat wonders if their additions will be enough.
8) Jameer Nelson made an appearance on NBC SportsTalk to talk about the upcoming season and the Dwight Howard situation.
9) Glen Davis is happy to be out of Kevin Garnett's shadow and have the opportunity to start in Orlando.
10) Whether anyone likes it or not, much of the season will be viewed through the Dwight Howard prism Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel writes.
11) Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel writes Hedo Turkoglu's presence mitigates the need for the Magic to acquire a third point guard before the start of the season.
12) Terrell Harris and Derrick Byars had good showings on Sunday, but santos A. Perez of the Miami Herald write both know they are still long shots to make the Heat's regular season roster.
13) There is plenty of intrigue to watch for in tonight's preseason finale, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel writes. Brian Serra of Magic Basketball Online writes that, as far as preseason games go, there might not be a more important game for the Magic's future than tonight's matchup against Miami. The Magic, though, seem ready for the rematch.
14) Yes, the Magic are circulating a survey asking season ticket holders if they would purchase tickets if Dwight Howard is no longer on the team.