|Score||Time Left||Off. Rtg.||eFG%||O.Reb.%||TOR||FTR|
(1-1) vs. (1-1)
Time/TV: 7 p.m./FSFlorida
Line: Orlando by 11.5
Tickets: $39-$500 on TiqIQ
Season Series: Tonight in Orlando; Feb. 22 in Newark; March 16 in Orlando
1) The Nets are one of the teams on Dwight Howard's supposed trade request list. But Howard was not addressing the rumors in any of his media availabilities before tonight's game. The Nets' spot on his trade request has increased the interest in this game, even as Howard tries to downplay it.
2) Dwight Howard confirmed that he and Deron Williams had dinner in Orlando last night in advance of today's game at Amway Center. The two are friends from their days on the 2008 Olympic team and wanted a low-key evening. Not anything to blow out of proportion.
3) Brian Serra of Magic Basketball Online sees no problem in the somtimes late-arriving second-half crowd at Amway Center. The supposed wine-and-cheese crowd is getting what they pay for and the community and social experience of being a fan is what they pay for more than watching basketball. And that goes for just about every stadium left in the NBA.
4) Stan Van Gundy is concerned with New Jersey's pace with Deron Williams at point guard. Orlando will have to slow New Jersey down.
5) Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post throws his weight behind blowing up and rebuilding rather than trying to remain competitive in the wake of a Dwight Howard trade. Even if it doesn't make sense, the push to win for Rich DeVos is outweighing the logic of a longer rebuilding project, Eddy Rivera of MagicBasketball.net writes.
6) Tracy McGrady cannot see Dwight Howard staying in Orlando and believes Howard and Williams could join forces in Dallas.
7) With the NBA so talent-stacked and exciting right now, Nate Drexler of MagicBasketball.net is kind of upset the Magic are sub-par for the moment.
8) The Nets are not expecting a warm welcome during tonight's game.
9) Devin Kharpetian of Nets Are Scorching reviews the positives (including transition defense) from the first two games and the maddening inconsistencies from the Nets 1-1 record.
10) Ryan Anderson tells Colin Stephenson of The Newark Star-Ledger that he has not spoken with former teammate and friend Brook Lopez since he fractured his foot last week. Anderson said he wishes his friend good health and will have to contact him soon.
11) Mark Ginocchio of Nets Are Scorching takes a look at Anthony Morrow.