Follow us on Twitter @OMagicDaily!
(12-16) vs. (3-23)
Time/TV: 7 p.m./FSFlorida
Line: Magic by 1.5
Tickets: $17-$850 on Vivid Seats
Season Series: Won 90-83 in Orlando on Dec. 19; Tonight in Washington, D.C.; Jan. 14 in Washington, D.C.; March 29 in Orlando
1) Jacque Vaughn said Wednesday that Hedo Turkoglu would need to go through a full practice before his return. That practice apparently happened Thursday and Turkoglu is traveling with the team Friday to Washington, Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel reports. However, Turkoglu is not expected to play and could be back Saturday, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel writes. As John Denton of OrlandoMagic.com recounts, it has been a rough year for Turkoglu and injuries.
3) Sean Highkin and the crew at MagicBasketball.net rank Shaquille O'Neal as the Magic's second best player of all time.
4) Glen Davis is not playing right now, but he is still growing and learning how to lead from the sideline, Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel writes.
5) Does Andrew Nicholson shoot the ball too quickly? (h/t Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post)
7) Wizards center Kevin Seraphin has been leaning on the words of veteran forward Nene as he tries to grow and develop as a player, Michael Lee of The Washington Post writes. Nene's leadership has not been all comical, he is clearly very frustrated with his team's struggles.
8) The Wizards recently added two new point guards, likely moving Jordan Crawford out of the point guard spot. Crawford tells Michael Lee of The Washington Post that he is not worried about any adjustments to his role.
9) The Magic are one of the few teams in the league that still employ a traditional "big lineup" as Kevin Arnovitz of TrueHoop classifies each team.
10) John Wall was cleared to "ramp up" his participation in practice and is targeting a January return, Michael Lee of The Washington Post reports.
11) Glen Davis called the injury that has knocked him out of the Magic's lineup a "freak play" and he harbors no ill will against Emeka Okafor, John Denton of OrlandoMagic.com reports (h/t Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post).
12) Nate Drexler of MagicBasketball.net chats with Truth About It to preview tonight's game.
13) J.J. Redick does not understand why Wizards, and mainly those that are Maryland Terrapins fans, boo him and Duke so much, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel writes.
14) Stan Van Gundy does not have much, if any, interest in the now open Nets job, Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel reports.