Follow us on Twitter @OMagicDaily!
(19-6) vs. (15-10)
Time/TV: 7 p.m./FSFlorida
Line: Heat by 3.5
Tickets: $38-$558 on TiqIQ
Season Series: Tonight in Orlando; Feb. 19 in Miami; March 13 in Orlando; March 18 in Miami
2) Mark Schlueb and Dave Damron of the Orlando Sentinel report that Orlando and Orange County politicians are getting use of a box for the All-Star Game for free because use of the suite has been categorized as "government business." Like I have told just about everyone, the All-Star Game is not about the game itself.
3) Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel that it is possible he will consider giving players games off as the season progresses.
4) Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post explains Von Wafer's offensive impact.
5) Mike Bianchi writes that Stan Van Gundy is the Magic's most valuable asset behind Dwight Howard. Unfortunately, he is still the likeliest casualty of the team's struggles.
6) LeBron James reigns over all in the NBA, Greg Cote of the Miami Herald writes.
7) NBA legend Oscar Robertson weighs in on the Heat's roster and the LeBron James comparisons with Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald.
8) Eddy Rivera of MagicBasketball.net analyzes how Jason Richardson scores in the post, in transition and on those nifty curl screens. He also took a look at Jameer Nelson's work on the pick and roll Monday.
9) Mario Chalmers came up big as the Heat topped the Cavaliers last night at American Airlines Arena. The Heat clamped down in the fourth quarter on defense, Robbie Levin (yeah, I recruited him to the Daily Northwestern) of the Miami Herald writes.
10) Jason Richardson tells John Denton how he measures success in his individual matchup against some of the league's best players, like those on the Heat.
11) Stan Van Gundy says a primary reason for the Heat's improvement this season has been the improved play of Chris Bosh.
12) The Magic decided to guarantee the remainder of DeAndre Liggins' contract this year by not waiving him last night, Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post writes.
13) Kendrick Perkins did not mind Blake Griffin dunking on him. What rankled him though was LeBron James tweeting about it.
14) Heat rookie Norris Cole will not be part of the Rising Stars competition in Orlando during All-Star Weekend.
15) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Julius Erving will headline and NBRPA roundtable discussion on the impact of black leadership in sports and basketball. The event will be held Feb. 24 at the Swan Hotel at Disney.