(13-15) vs. (17-11)
Time/TV: 7 p.m./NBATV, FSFlorida
Line: Magic by 5
Tickets: $9-$290 on TiqIQ
Season Series: Tonight in Orlando
|Pace||Off. Rtg.||Def. Rtg.||eFG%||O.Reb.%||TO%||FTR|
1) In an odd interview with Fox Sports Wisconsin, Dwight Howard expressed his displeasure with his role late in games, asking the Magic trust him to close games out. Kelly Dwyer of Ball Don't Lie notes its odd timing.
2) Jason Richardson has had a strange week, missing potentially game-winning baskets against Los Angeles and Atlanta and then putting up a 3-point barrage in a win over Milwaukee. The question now is, as Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel writes, whether Richardson can be the Magic's go-to guy in the postseason.
3) Tonight's game features a fascinating rebounding matchup as Kevin Love and Dwight Howard will battle each other on the boards. What is amazing isn't their rebounding numbers, but how they get similar numbers with completely different styles, writes Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel.
4) On the court, nobody wants to mess with Nikola Pekovic. Off the court? Well, let Chip Scoggins of the Minneapolis Star Tribune explain why Pekovic is a "teddy bear."
5) Former Wolves coach Flip Saunders tells Sid Hartman of the Minneapolis Star Tribune that he is very impressed with the Wolves' young core of Ricky Rubio and Kevin Love.
6) Since this is our sister team coming to town, I checked in on how the Timberwolves are doing with Mike Reynolds of TWolvesBlog.
7) Turnovers are once again at the top of the Timberwolves' "fix-it" list, writes Kent Youngblood of the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
8) Brian Serra of Magic Basketball Online provides some rules for the Magic for the rest of the season.