Follow us on Twitter @OMagicDaily!
(11-4) vs. (6-9)
Time/TV: 7:30 p.m./NBATV, Sun Sports
Line: Magic by 4
Tickets: $17-$660 on TiqIQ
Season Series: Tonight in Boston; Jan. 26 in Orlando; April 18 in Boston
1) Glen Davis will have his emotions running high tonight as he makes his return to Boston for the first time as an opponent, Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel writes. Davis is hoping the Celtics fans show the love. Jeff Clark of Celtics Blog wonders how Davis will be received at the Garden.
2) Hedo Turkoglu expects to play tonight when the Magic face the Celtics, Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel reports. On the injury front for Boston, Ray Allen jammed his ankle in yesterday's game against Washington, but hopes to play tonight. Rajon Rondo is also fighting some injuries of his own and has missed the last two games. Both are actually hopeful they can play.
3) Gary Washburn of the Boston Globe reports a summer of change is coming for the Celtics with Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen coming off the books. Boston will be looking to buy in the next big free agent market.
5) Stephen A. Smith of ESPN New York reports the Magic contacted the Knicks about a possible deal involving Dwight Howard, Tyson Chandler and Amar'e Stoudemire.
6) Doc Rivers says the Celtics slow start is a product of being just a bit out of shape, Steve Bulpett of the Boston Herald writes.
7) Zach Lowe of The Point Forward writes the Magic might be the quiet contender in the NBA this year thanks to one of the best offenses in the league.
9) Paul Pierce turned in his best game of the season yesterday as Boston survived injuries to Rajon Rondo and Ray Allen in a win over Washington. Jeff Clark of Celtics Blog writes it is about time the Captain showed up and willed the team to victory in the clutch. Red's Army takes stock on the game.
10) Jameer Nelson admits to Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel that some of the trade talks surrounding Dwight Howard have affected his play.
11) Beckley Mason of HoopSpeak writes on the importance of the stretch-4.
12) Brandon Bass is still confident the Celtics can win despite their slow start.
13) Peter May of ESPNBoston provides some things to watch tonight -- Dwight Howard's pursuit of the Magic's all-time scoring record, Ryan Anderson's emergence and the fact the Celtics have not defeated a team with a winning record this year.
14) Magic fans are not the only ones with fantasy trade scenarios. Jeff Clark of Celtics Blog wonders if it is a good idea for Boston to re-aquire Joe Johnson. Former Celtics coach John Carroll also has some ideas for the Celtics involving Paul Pierce.
15) According to Sports Business Journal, the Magic, Heat and Lakers are leading the league in Web site traffic. Gee, I wonder why...
16) The NBA will host a 5K Run during All-Star Weekend at Lake Eola Park.