Follow us on Twitter @OMagicDaily!
(11-5) vs. (11-4)
Time/TV: 7 p.m./FSFlorida
Line: Pacers by 3
Tickets: $6-$117 on TiqIQ
Season Series: Tonight in Indianapolis; Jan. 29 in Orlando; Feb. 4 in Indianapolis; March 11 in Orlando
1) Let's just not talk about last night's historically bad performance. Seriously, let's not talk about the Magic's historically bad loss to the Celtics. Seriously, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel, why would you break down the Magic's historically bad offensive performance by the numbers? I mean, seriously, do not take a closer look at the Magic's historically bad night. Stop looking at these links, especially maybe this one from Howard the Dunk.
2) The Dwight Howard situation hits a critical deadline on Wednesday (the final day to send him off on an extend-and-trade). While Howard has not indicated otherwise, if that extra $30 million in salary his Bird Rights holder can offer him is important to him, Howard may be better served foregoing his option and playing out both this year and parts of next year in Orlando. If that is Howard's play, the Magic should have this plan and presentation in place to entice him into staying.
3) The Pacers are in the toughest stretch of their schedule so now is the time figure out whether they are for real, Mike Wells of the Indianapolis Star writes.
4) Glen Davis was back in Boston for the first time Monday, his performance was not great so that might have tinged things but he tells Sam Gardner of Fox Sports Florida that he is not sure the move to Orlando was ultimately the right one.
5) Roy Hibbert has done well against most big men in the NBA... not Dwight Howard as Jared Wade of Eight Points, Nine Seconds analyzes.
6) Roy Hibbert and the Pacers appear not to be coming to an agreement in time for the extension deadline. Pacers fans might be worrying more about the situation than Hibbert is, according to Tom Lewis of Indy Cornrows.
7) Ben Wantanabe of NESN, writing before Monday's game, says Orlando is more likely than not the best place for Dwight Howard to be if he wants to win. Dan Favale of The Hoop Doctors, writing after Monday's game, disagrees saying the Magic's inconsistent play is taking them out of the Dwight Howard sweepstakes. Personally, I think he is overreacting to one game.
8) Stan and Jeff Van Gundy will be featured in an episode of Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel airing this week on HBO. Check your local listings.
9) Dwight Howard was named Eastern Conference Player of the Week on Monday.