Follow us on Twitter @OMagicDaily!
(25-14) vs. (4-31)
Time/TV: 7 p.m./FSFlorida
Line: Magic by 9
Tickets: $11-$231 on TiqIQ
Season Series: Won 100-79 in Charlotte on Dec. 30; Won 96-89 in Orlando on Jan. 17; Tonight in Charlotte; April 25 in Orlando
1) Stan Van Gundy did not travel with the team from Toronto to Charlotte last evening after experiencing chest pains during Monday's game. He is still expected to coach tonight's game, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel reports. Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel caught up with Van Gundy at the Toronto airport and reports Van Gundy had an irregular heartbeat and was held over in Toronto as a precaution.
2) Fred Kerber of the New York Post writes Brook Lopez's latest ankle injury will not change anything when it comes to the Nets' plans to acquire Dwight Howard before the trade deadline. Otis Smith tells Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel that 6-8 teams are in contact with him about Dwight Howard.
3) Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post pulls together the latest Dwight Howard rumors, including this one from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports. Wojnarowski reports the conversation between Dwight and Magic CEO Alex Martins has been positive and that he might be making in roads in persuading Howard to stay.
4) The Raptors were certainly game to try and take down the Magic, but Dwight Howard's big night and J.J. Redick's sharp shooting helped the Magic survive and win. Eddy Rivera of MagicBasketball.net says the game was about Dwight Howard, both his good and his bad.
6) Is Fran Vazquez finally ready to arrive in Orlando? Brian Serra of Magic Basketball Online explores.
7) How bad are the Bobcats playing? Ben Swanson of Rufus On Fire actually had to convince people that the Bobcats could beat the best college team... they could.
8) Dwight Howard should already know the Magic as an organization are committed to winning, Mike Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinel writes.