Follow us on Twitter @OMagicDaily!
1) The Magic struggled down the stretch and succumbed to turnovers and Dwyane Wade in the end in a 10-point loss at Miami. Jameer Nelson and Dwight Howard, the two keys to Magic victory over the Heat, never really got going, Andrew Melnick of Howard the Dunk writes. The turnovers are becoming a real problem.
2) Derrick Rose appears unlikely to play tonight after straining his groin last week, K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune reports. Blog-a-Bull writes that the injuries to Rose and Luol Deng are casting a shadow over Chicago's great play of late.
3) The Magic appear unlikely to be in the yearly buyout market as Otis Smith (yes) likes his team and does not want to add anyone unless they will make an impact (h/t Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post).
4) Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel explains some keys for how the Magic can beat the Heat in the postseason.
5) One reason for the Bulls' success is a trio of scoring point guards in Derrick Rose, C.J. Watson and John Lucas III. Now, Neil Hayes of the Chicago Sun-Times writes, the Bulls might be looking to play them together more often. The Bulls might even be thinking of adding Derek Fisher.
6) Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post is a little concerned with Hedo Turkoglu's offensive struggles against LeBron James.
7) Dwight Howard's use of the word loyalty as his reason for staying in Orlando for another year drew mixed reactions around the league, Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News writes.
8) Joakim Noah channeled Tom Thibodeau when he spoke about his coach possibly becoming the fastest in NBA history to 100 wins tonight.