TD Garden, Boston, Mass.
Time/TV: 8 p.m./ABC
Line: Celtics by 3
Heat lead series 2-0
1) Magic CEO Bob Vander Weide spoke at length with Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel about the disappointment of 2011 and the team's future.
4) In the wake of Orlando's first round loss, John Denton of OrlandoMagic.com answers some key questions about the team and its future.
5) Eric Lopez of 1080 AM ESPN Radio grades the Magic.
6) Celtics fans are feeling pretty blue about their 2-0 hole, but some schadenfreude looking at the Lakers 3-0 hole might make them feel better.
7) Dwight Howard will be playing starting center for the Rebel Alliance at the next interstellar basketball tournament.
8) Surya Fernandez of Hot Hot Hoops takes a look at Dwyane Wade's new Jordan shoes.
Also, I was wondering if you could eventually write an article about the financial structure of the team, or at least link us to a site that has a break down. I have general ideas of how much every player is getting paid, but I don't know the exact dollar amount, years, options, or stipulations in certain player contracts. I also don't know what draft picks we have over the next few years (I know we have traded some). Lastly, I don't know how far we are into the luxury tax, or just the overall financial structure of the Magic (i.e. how much money to we lose on average each year, and is there a financial projection for next year available yet?)
I realize this is a lot of research (I assume), so no hurry. But overall I think having an article like this would be a good reference point for future discussions about what the Magic can do over the offseason and next year to improve the team from a roster and/or financial perspective. Thanks.
Hey Philip, would it be possible to add strictly Magic related poll questions on the site? I think it would be a good way to gage how Magic fans collectively feel about certain issues or topics. Also, I think it could potentially draw a few more readers to check the site more often. Just a thought.
@Magician1378 Thanks for the suggestions. Definitely head to HoopsHype.com for a look at the salaries of every NBA team. I will look into adding a poll for the future. Still cleaning up some things... a lot of time to kill, unfortunately.