Follow us on Twitter @OMagicDaily!
(3-8) vs. (4-7)
Time/TV: 7 p.m./FSFlorida
Line: Magic by 4.5
Tickets: $5-$144 on Vivid Seats
Season Series: Tonight in Orlando; Feb. 8 in Cleveland; Feb. 23 in Orlando; April 7 in Cleveland
1) Maurice Harkless was surprised with a start in Wednesday's game. It is a feeling he could get used to, Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel writes.
2) Harkless may be the one getting the starts, but it is Andrew Nicholson who appears to be the furthest along among the rookies and has the coach's confidence.
3) The Cavaliers are playing without Kyrie Irving and scored what Nate Smith of Cavs: The Blog called one of the most implausible Cavs wins in recent memory when they defeated Philadelphia without Irving on Wednesday. Tonight against Orlando, Cleveland puts the Patrick Ewing Theory to the test.
4) C.J. Miles has turned his season around and is playing superb this year. The reason? Would you believe it is because he got a haircut? (h/t Mary Schmitt Boyer of The Cleveland Plain Dealer).
5) Kyrie Irving will not be playing tonight, but the Magic face an interesting run of elite starting point guards starting Sunday against Rajon Rondo and the Celtics, Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel writes.
6) Kirk of Waiting for Next Year breaks down some film to discover how Cleveland's defense starts with defending the point guard.
7) The Magic dished out more than good basketball this holiday weekend. The Magic spent their Thanksgiving, as they have for the last 20 years, serving a Thanksgiving breakfast the Coalition for the Homeless (h/t Orlando Sentinel).