Follow us on Twitter @OMagicDaily!
Auburn Hills, Mich.
(2-5) vs. (1-8)
Time/TV: 7:30 p.m./FSFlorida
Line: Pistons by 5
Tickets: $2-$118 on Vivid Seats
Season Series: Tonight in Auburn Hills; Nov. 21 in Orlando; Jan. 22 in Auburn Hills; Jan. 27 in Orlando
1) Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel reports Jameer Nelson remains a game-time decision for tonight's game, but he should be set to go after participating in a full shootaround Friday.
2) Maurice Harkless has been playing catchup ever since a sports hernia hampered him during Summer League. After a breakthrough performance against the Knicks, Harkless is finally finding comfort in the NBA. And, John Denton of OrlandoMagic.com writes, Harkless' role could continue to expand.
3) The Magic's offensive strategy has changed drastically with Jacque Vaughn. Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel notes the Magic are taking significantly fewer 3-point shots and more mid-range jumpers. I took a look at the team's newfound fast-break offense.
4) Arron Afflalo is hoping to bounce back after a disappointing seven-turnover performance against the Knicks, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel writes. One thing Magic fans should know about Afflalo is that he takes losing very hard, often working out after games to vent his frustration, as Steve Kyler of HoopsWorld writes (h/t Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post).
5) Kyle Singler started in Rodney Stuckey's place in Detroit's win over Philadelphia as Stuckey stayed home at the flu. Lawrence Frank liked Singler's energy and so did Stuckey. Singler will start for the Pistons tonight with Stuckey coming off the bench at the young guard's suggestion, Vince Ellis of the Detroit Free Press writes.
6) Evan Dunlap says do not expect the Magic to get very much in a trade for Josh McRoberts.
7) Pistons fans want to see more Andre Drummond and, despite a good season from Jason Maxiell so far, Patrick Hayes of PistonPowered agrees.