Follow us on Twitter @OMagicDaily!
(2-9) vs. (3-7)
Time/TV: 7 p.m./FSFlorida
Line: Magic by 1.5
Tickets: $8-$850 on Vivid Seats
Season Series: Won 110-106 in Detroit on Nov. 18; Tonight in Orlando; Jan. 22 in Detroit; Jan. 27 in Orlando
1) Arron Afflalo told reporters this morning that he might be playing more shooting guard, including possibly returning to the starting shooting guard spot tonight. This could open up more minutes for Maurice Harkless and DeQuan Jones at small forward.
2) The Magic's biggest weakness so far has been, surprisingly, their offense as Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel details.
3) One of the big stresses this week from the Magic is getting off to better starts (h/t Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post). Jacque Vaughn has said he needs his team to get off to better starts so that the team is not digging itself out of a hole.
5) To climb out of an 0-8 hole, the Pistons know they will have to rely on their defense, Perry A. Farrell of the Detroit Free Press writes.
6) It is surprises day over at SBNation. Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post looks at this early season's pleasant surprise, Nikola Vucevic, and this early season's not-so-pleasant surprise, Gustavo Ayon. The Pistons big surprise has been Andre Drummond and his emergence his rookie year.
7) With the Magic struggling and needing to get healthy, this five game homestand might be coming at just the right time, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel writes.
8) Chris Duhon explains the origins of the travel dance (h/t Trey Kerby of The Basketball Jones).
9) Marcin Gortat is apparently unhappy with his role in Phoenix and Orlando might be a team interested in acquiring him (h/t Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post).
10) J.J. Redick gave back through his foundation, donating turkeys to needy families (h/t Brian Serra of Magic Basketball Online).