1) Throw the Clippers into the Dwight Howard sweepstakes (along with the other 28 teams). Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel comments on Chris Broussard's report that the Clippers will do whatever it takes short of trading Blake Griffin (the person it would cost to get Howard in a trade) to acquire Howard. David Aldridge of NBATV also suggested the Clippers could be a landing spot if the Magic wanted to be proactive about trading Howard. The Howard to Los Angeles rumors will not stop any time soon.
2) Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel reviews the pros and cons of using the amnesty clause on Gilbert Arenas.
3) I took a look at the Magic and the new luxury tax.
4) Details of the schedule are slowly being released. The full schedule should be out some time next week.
5) Free agents are seemingly lining up to try and play for the Heat, Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel writes. Joseph Goodman of The Miami Herald reviews the work ahead of Pat Riley. Not surprisingly the Heat are a destination for players hoping to win a quick title.
6) John Karalis of Crossover Chronicles details four ways the Heat can make the most of its free agency period.
7) Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel says Chris Paul's desire to go to New York might be bad news for Orlando.
8) The Heat are the Vegas favorites to win the title, coming in at 2-1.