1) Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel clues us in to the storylines we will be missing along with opening night with the cancellation of regular season games.
2) Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel adds the owners have yet to play their trump card in the lockout -- the withheld paychecks due next Tuesday. Glen Davis tweeted that the two sides should take a 51-49 split and get playing, showing some restlessness and softening in the players camp.
3) Zach McCann of the Orlando Sentinel tells us how the amnesty provision could help the Magic bring in a big scorer and improve their roster.
4) At least Ben Swanson of Rufus On Fire tried to imagine what tonight's game would have been like. I will be relying on AccuScore, WhatIfSports and Strat-o-Matic for my basketball simulation needs. That post will be up later tonight.
5) Jason Richardson is going to play in a charity basketball game in San Jose between the We Believe Warriors of 2007 and a group from the current squad this Saturday. He tells Matt Steinmetz of CSN Bay Area that he would be open to returning to Golden State in free agency.
6) Justin Harper had another solid performance of 12 points and five rebounds, albeit in a season-low 22 minutes and in a defeat, as Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post updates us on how the Magic rookie is doing in France.
7) With each passing day, it seems less and less likely the Magic will travel to London to take on the Nets in March, Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel writes.
8) Shaquille O'Neal always seems to have some words of criticism for Dwight Howard. Now they are in print in O'Neal's new book.
9) This day in Magic history: Tracy McGrady scored 47 points in a win over the Bucks, but Grant Hill's ankle soreness overshadowed everything... like it always does.