(0-0) vs. (0-0)
Time/TV: 7:30 p.m./Who am I kidding?
Line: What Line?
Tickets: Good luck with that...
Season Series: Nov. 29 in Orlando (maybe); Jan. 26 in Orlando (perhaps); Feb. 19 in Miami (I guess)
1) In case you missed it, the NBA canceled the first two weeks of the regular season, costing the Magic seven games and the Heat six games. Magic fans are obviously very disappointed. Richard Bilbao of the Orlando Business Journal writes there is no silver lining for Orlando businesses with these games canceled.
2) Frustration reigns now that the NBA has canceled regular season games, writes Mike Berardino of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. And everyone is feeling it.
3) Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel says blame the owners for giving the "pampered" athletes such large contracts and throwing the league into this lockout.
4) LeBron James asks on Twitter whether it is too late for him to sign up for the Internet. It is a joke... I think.
5) Sean Deveney of SportingNews says do not expect an NBA season until December now that games have been canceled.
6) Dwyane Wade was not too happy with David Stern's spin of yesterday's events, Ethan J. Skolnick of the Palm Beach Post writes.
7) Shaquille O'Neal loves NBA Jam and is quickly becoming a fan of the new NBA Jam franchise, Jon Robinson of The Gamer on ESPN writes.
8) Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel offers some answers to frequently asked questions concerning the lockout. Winderman also has a good summary of the luxury tax issues holding up an agreement.
9) Brandon Bass has kept himself busy this lockout. He released a music video on YouTube as he continues to explore his musical passions.
10) Ira Winderman of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel tells us why it is significant that Udonis Haslem has been completely cleared to play. John Krolik of Heat Index took a closer look at Haslem's season and recovery.
11) After watching the LeBron James and Dwyane Wade-hosted exhibition game this weekend, Greg Cote of the Miami Herald wonders when the real games will start.
12) At some point free agency is going to start. And at some point the Heat are going to consider going after their former draft pick, Caron Butler, writes Diego Quezada of Hot Hot Hoops.
13) If you see more WingStop restaurants around Orlando, Drew Gooden is likely the reason, Anjali Fluker of the Orlando Business Journal writes.
14) Want to Eat with the Heat? Just show up at American Airlines Arena this Thursday and you could get some nice Het swag!