1) Orlando mayor Buddy Dyer and Indianapolis mayor Greg Ballard were among several mayors from the U.S. Conference of Mayors to issue a letter to NBPA executive director Billy Hunter and NBA commissioner David Stern urging the two sides to end the lockout and support cities across the U.S.
3) Meanwhile David Stern was on the media circuit. Tom Lewis of Indy Cornrows did a good job aggregating everything Stern said. But the message is: the owners are ready to make a deal and the players refuse to come off their position. Seems like a lot of spin indeed.
4) Henry Abbott of TrueHoop analyzes what happened in early October when a collective bargaining deal seemingly completely fell apart.
5) According to one study cited by Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post, Stan Van Gundy is one of the best three or four coaches in the league. Hard to argue with the results the Magic have had in recent years.
6) Justin Harper scored 10 points and grabbed seven rebounds in his first professional game for Strasbourg in France.
7) Recently Shaquille O'Neal has been featured in several NBA video games... in a Magic uniform. The Shaq nostalgia is growing.
8) Steve Perrin of Clips Nation explains the owner's misguided beliefs on competitive balance.
9) Tim Donahue of Eight Points, Nine Seconds compares the end of the CBA to the end of a player contract.