Follow us on Twitter @OMagicDaily!
(3-2) vs. (1-4)
Time/TV: 6 p.m./NBATV, FSFlorida
Line: Spurs by 5
Tickets: $2-$48 on Vivid Seats
Season Series: Nov. 28 in Orlando; April 3 in San Antonio
1) Tonight's game will be intriguing for a number of reasons including Jacque Vaughn coaching against his mentor Gregg Popovich for the first time and Orlando's first encounter with the Spurs model the franchise is trying to emulate (h/t Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel).
2) The Spurs hoped for a test from the Heat, Jeff McDonald of Spurs Nation writes, and they got one even with LeBron James sitting out with soreness, making a 21-point turnaround before emptying the bench in the third quarter. Tony Parker played only nine minutes in the game. The game still may have served a point as Jesse Blanchard of 48 Minutes of Hell notes the Spurs' poor defense was not so encouraging.
3) Rene Tova of ESPNDeportes confirms that Regal Barcelona bought Gustavo Ayon's ACB League rights, but suggests that Ayon plans to play many more years in the NBA before a potential return to Spain.
4) In Dan Savage's recap of Friday's win for OrlandoMagic.com, he details how the transition in offensive styles is beginning to take hold. The 30 assists certainly highlighted the victory. Josh Robbins of the Orlando Sentinel notes that Roy Hibbert found success early on in the game against the Magic centers.
5) Evan Dunlap of Orlando Pinstriped Post asks which Magic player should get the final shot in a tight game and a chance to win or tie?
6) Eddy Curry and Derrick Brown are likely battling for the last spot on the Spurs' roster, Jeff McDonald of Spurs Nation writes.
7) Greg Wissinger of SacTown Royalty takes a look at the aftermath left in Orlando following the Dwight Howard trade.